Add to Technorati Favorites
I would encourage you to do something every week to help with your personal preparedness. Learn something, buy something, teach something or do something. Doing a little each week will pay off .

Friday, September 25, 2009

Did Someone Say Peaches!


We canned 4 bushels of peaches yesterday. We got 84 quarts. We would have had more, but the peaches were so great we had to eat some and save a few for eating. Only one time a year do you get fresh peaches and this is it!

FYI - For you new canners ----:>Normal output is 20-24 quarts of canned food per bushel of food.

I also did pickles this morning with cucumbers from our garden. All I have left to do now is tomatoes and finish the corn. It is supposed to get cold here next week so I think I will pick everything on Monday and can next week and then I will be done for another season.

Tuesday
59° F 30° F
Chance of T-storms
40% chance of precipitation
Then it is supposed to freeze everynight after that - I guess it will be October and really supposed to be getting colder.

No comments: