Add to Technorati Favorites
I would encourage you to do something every week to help with your personal preparedness. Learn something, buy something, teach something or do something. Doing a little each week will pay off .

Friday, February 27, 2009

FOOD STORAGE FRIDAY - February 27



I have been planning our garden and yard this past week. I love this time of year to look at seed magazines and decide what is happening in our little garden.

For Food Storage Friday I have been studing what type of herbs I want to plant and that can live in a zone 4. Here is my list so far:

Basil - bite pain, cramps, nausea, indigestion, headache, fever, calmative
Dill - sedative, insomnia, gas, cramps,stress
Marjoram - nausea, toothache, sprains, joints

Mullein - skin irrations, burns, antiseptic
Parsley - blood sugar, bites, swelling, nerves
Peppermint - headaches, antiseptic, sinus/bronchial congestion. digestion, gas
Sage - depression, yeast or blood infection, congestion, diarhea, fever
Plants
Alfalfa - minerals, detox, builds blood, joints, diuretic (May plant along outside fence area)
Cayenne Peppers - antiseptic, sore throat, bleeding, ulcers, pain
Onion - sprins, respirtory congetsion, diabetes
Garlic - antibiotic, anti viral,adust blood pressure,
Dandelion - digestion, liver, blood sugar

There are other plants as well, but they can't be grown here, so I will need to either have ahouse plant or stock up on the herb.
Aloe Vera - speeds healing, antispetic, digestion, burns, skin ailments
Cinnamon - antibiotic, antiviral, antifungal, diabetes, ulcer, nausea, ulcers, cramps
Cloves - toothache, nausea, gas, mild depression, insect repellent
Ginger - great to take baths in when sick
Nutmeg - diarhea
Oats - nervous exhaustion, depression, shingles, eczema
Olive Leaf - antibiotic,anti viral, enerby, lower blood pressure

2 comments:

Aggie said...

Hi Paula,
Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comment. I am sorry, I meant to make an actual food storage post and link to you friday but things got a little hectic. I'm already preparing for next friday though!
Aggie

The Prudent Homemaker said...

Aloe Vera is quite easy to grow indoors. I grow mine outdoors as we are in a zone 9, but I have grown in inside too.