Add to Technorati Favorites
I would encourage you to do something every week to help with your personal preparedness. Learn something, buy something, teach something or do something. Doing a little each week will pay off .

Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday - Drop off Canned Goods List - Tomatoes


I honestly haven't done this since the first of December. I am ready to get myself reorganized!

Today's topic - Tomatoes

I have 2 recipes a week that use 2 cans of tomatoes.
That translates into 8 cans a month or 48 cans a year, x 2 = 96 cans for these two recipes for two years. I like to have extra's as well. Bottom line I need to order another case of tomatoes. I did can tomatoes in the fall, but our summer weather was so weird & I didn't get enough tomatoes for what we need and as I like to keep my supplies up.

I try to keep an extra case so as we use it we don't go under our 4 cases needed for the years supply. I have used 1/2 of the extra case so I need to get another. When I have that I will move the 1/2 used case upstairs and rotate the newest one to the back.

My food storage is my mini grocery store. I use most of the stuff down there through the year. We don't go through as many beans and a few dry goods like that, but the canned goods are things we use all the time. It needs to be rotated anyway so it all works out great.

No comments: